Urgent: Facing Problem in uploading form with double repeat in aggregate

Dear,
I'm facing unknown trouble in converting xls to xml through xlsform. When I'm trying to convert an xls file that has double repeat group (repeat within repeat) to xml through xlsform in online, the xlsform server converted it to xml file. But, when I'm trying to upload the file in server, it gives me error notice. But, I have experience of working with double repeat group.
When I'm trying to upload one of my previous form(xml file) with double repeat, I can uplaod it. But when I'm trying to upload same form by converting its xls to xml by xlsform and then upload it to server, I again found problem.

Here I attached a xls file of that form and the xml file of same form but converted earlier(which is working nicely).

If anyone can give me a solution, please help me.

pksf_odk_draft.xlsx (74.9 KB)
pksf_odk_draft.xml (180.0 KB)

We've made changes in how we represent double repeats.

If you aren't using the latest version of Aggregate (currently v1.7.1), you should upgrade.

If you can't upgrade it, you can try an older version of XLSForm Offline v1.7.0 which has the older syntax. The caveat is that we can't guarantee the behavior on recent versions of Collect, so please test extensively.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. We will take necessary steps to upgrade our server.

Regards

Azad Likhon

Glad to help. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

1 Like

Dear,
As you shggest us to upgrade our server, we already do that. But, now we are facing a different type of problem. We can't pull data with ODK briefcase of this form. We have downloaded the updated version of briefcase.
Can you suggest us what we have do now?

@Likhon Can you describe the problem in greater detail?

1. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
  2. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
  3. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, please attach.

Hi, @Likhon!

I'm trying to reproduce this error, but the information @yanokwa asked you about would help me understand better what's going wrong. Have you had a chance to write soemthing about it?

Hi!

I've been able to solve the issue by removing the test version. The error it gives about the formID is misleading.

This section of the docs explains what version values should be used: https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-update/

1 Like