Urgent help need: Odk source code compliation error

I have downloaded odk collect source code from gitub. than i have import
that odk file in android studio but while compling it shows me an error as:

Error:(12, 0) Cause: error=2, No such file or directory
Open
File

file not found
Please help to solve problem... i just want compile the odk source code to
run on emulator or android device.[image: Inline image 1]

idea.log (63.2 KB)

Hi Harish,

Did you follow the instructions at
https://github.com/opendatakit/collect#setting-up-your-environment.
What have you tried so far?

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK consultants? Nafundi provides form design, server setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK. Go to https://nafundi.com to get started.

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Harish Banaulekar harishbanaulekar10@gmail.com wrote:

I have downloaded odk collect source code from gitub. than i have import that odk file in android studio but while compling it shows me an error as:

Error:(12, 0) Cause: error=2, No such file or directory
Open File

file not found
Please help to solve problem... i just want compile the odk source code to run on emulator or android device.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thank you Yaw Anokwa for reply...

       Actually i am able to run odk by import directly from github 

repository and its working fine now.

       It is not working by downloading the file from git hub is not 

working. I have tried many times to understand and download the odk from


https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fopendatakit%2Fcollect%23setting-up-your-environment&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE9OwXdwvCcW4-73oH5XNi5Gf908g.
but still i am getting same error. I have download the file from
https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/archive/master.zip and extracted
than imported in android studio. The error is still their can u please
explain me why that error happen and how to solve that error which i have
attach image of error on my last message.
If u got solution than send me through screen shoot. I want to solve that
problem

Harish,

If you download the project as a zip, you can't setup gradle-config to
point to the appropriate tag. That's the issue. I bet if you download
the gradle-config zip of the right tag (currently, 21), it'll work.

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK consultants? Nafundi provides form design, server setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK. Go to https://nafundi.com to get started.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Harish Banaulekar harishbanaulekar10@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you Yaw Anokwa for reply...

       Actually i am able to run odk by import directly from github

repository and its working fine now.

       It is not working by downloading the file from git hub is not

working. I have tried many times to understand and download the odk from
https://github.com/opendatakit/collect#setting-up-your-environment. but
still i am getting same error. I have download the file from
https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/archive/master.zip and extracted than
imported in android studio. The error is still their can u please explain me
why that error happen and how to solve that error which i have attach image
of error on my last message.
If u got solution than send me through screen shoot. I want to solve that
problem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thank you Yaw Anokwa for reply...

I have downloaded gradle-config zip. Now how to config gradle-config file
with main odk collect file. Please help me.

Hi Harish,

The suggestions I've laid out are all the suggestions I have. You have
a working config when you import from Github, so try building off
that.

Thanks,

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK consultants? Nafundi provides form design, server setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK. Go to https://nafundi.com to get started.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Harish Banaulekar harishbanaulekar10@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you Yaw Anokwa for reply...

I have downloaded gradle-config zip. Now how to config gradle-config file
with main odk collect file. Please help me.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

The core team always works with local clones of the github repositories.

We don't support building from zips.

··· On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 3:41 AM, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

Hi Harish,

The suggestions I've laid out are all the suggestions I have. You have
a working config when you import from Github, so try building off
that.

Thanks,

Yaw

Need ODK consultants? Nafundi provides form design, server setup,
in-field training, and software development for ODK. Go to
https://nafundi.com to get started.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Harish Banaulekar harishbanaulekar10@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you Yaw Anokwa for reply...

I have downloaded gradle-config zip. Now how to config gradle-config
file
with main odk collect file. Please help me.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thank you for reply. It's working now..