Use of Plus codes for GPS capture in ODK Collect

Opps - showing my geo-ignorance... :slight_smile: So yes it looks like the github open-location-code has existing Java routines for both encoding (lat+long -> code) and decoding (code -> lat+long) plus codes, which could probably be pulled in as a lib and write a simple wrapper to expose as respective XPath functions.

Since the code is readily available anyway, I'd suggest implementing both geopoint-to-pluscode() and pluscode-to-geopoint() for completeness, in one PR hit.

Is anything new for implementing the geopoint-to-pluscode() and pluscode-to-geopoint() into ODK? Kenya, at least Kisumu County, has implemented plus code on every building. It would be interesting for me to use ODK to collect GPS location and also has the translation to and back from the plus code.
image: Plus Code used in Kisumu County

I dont believe anything further has been done on this. However, if it is just decoding Plus codes you need, and perhaps if all your Plus Codes are of a known fixed length, then - looking at the decode algorithm - it is probably something that you could conceivably accomplish with a few in-form calculations [variable length Plus Codes will be messier, because there's no good way of mimicking for-loops other than with a repeat group...].

2 posts were split to a new topic: Google Plus Codes and OSM maps in Collect