User-entered time value changing +1 hour

Time Issue Test.xlsx (14.3 KB) <!--- Answer the five questions below to get support --->

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I'm having an issue where a user-entered value for date-time is changing (+1 hour) when a subsequent select_one choice is selected.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

I have observed this issue on Enketo, Kobo

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I simplified the form and ended up eliminating the issue, but this doesn't solve the problem as I need to retain the elements I removed. It seems to relate to the looping structure I have for repeat groups, as when I simplified these (removed some of the questions within) the issue no longer presented.

The repeat questions structure may look strange, but the idea is that the number of repeats is not previously defined, and that the user can "change their mind" and close the group of otherwise mandatory questions even after they indicate that they wish to add another repeat (by selecting "no" for the "select 'yes' to add household details" question). It does seem the date-time issue relates to this, however.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
It can be observed in the attached form. Once the date and time values are entered for alert time and response time and a choice for the subsequent question on "information on households or infrastructure" is previously selected the time values change.

Note the content of this form won't make a lot of sense - I've removed/altered much of the content.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Thanks for any advice!

Hi @MolC Welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here! .

I find this very strange, can you share the form or part of the form that can enable us to reproduce the problem

No form attached.

Thanks

Hi @dicksonsamwel

Thanks for taking a look.

It shows me that the form was attached. Here's a link:

https://forum.getodk.org/uploads/short-url/lgVxAsjCMk5Gh0C1W9BbVxESazg.xlsx

Thanks

Hi @MolC,

I can't seem to reproduce your issue. Can you try out the link and specify some step that can lead to that

https://enketo.getodk.org/preview?form=https://xlsform.getodk.org/downloads/43axnk92/Time%20Issue%20Test.xml

1 Like

Hi @dicksonsamwel,

Thanks again for looking at this.

It seems the issue may only be occurring on the Safari browser. I opened your link on my Android device's Chrome browser, and on the Chrome browser on my laptop, and it doesn't seem to occur.

To reproduce the issue in Safari, when I open the form using your link, I first enter a date and time for the first two questions. I then select A or B for the subsequent question, and the time value jumps +1 hour. In fact, if I select A or B again (whichever I did not initially select, it jumps +1 additional hour.

Thankfully, I think it should suffice for my purposes that it functions as intended in Chrome.

Thanks!
Colm

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, glad that you were able to identify the issue. My side I also tested it on chrome.