Using concact, join,position, choice filter to pull data from previous section

I'm trying to pull all the crops that were selected in previous section (row 136 and row 141) into a list to row 171. My team used temp variables, position, choice filter to do this. The complex steps were set up so that Row 171 does not repeat crops that were selected multiple times in row 136 and 141.

But somehow two problems remain:

1. when I select "other, specify" in row 141, that does not show up in 171. It seems to be limited by the position associated with row 136. I've tried changing the name variables on the choice list but then sometimes they just don't show up at all or duplicate the non-crop description in row 136.

2. If respondent answers "other tree crop" or "other, specify" in row 136 and 141 (that is: c11d_landuse_now_treecr, c11e_landuse_now_other, c11i_landuse_now_2nd_treecr, c11j_landuse_now_2nd_other), then I need to be able to pull the answers to show up in row 171. But not quite sure how to fit that into the complex formula that exists currently.

gmlghana_vtest.xlsx (108.3 KB)
Your help would be much appreciated! Many thanks!!
Xue

Dear all,
Let me try to explain the problem better and would love anybody's expert advice!

So in the first section, we ask about which crops are planted for each plot. And then in the second section, I need to pull/auto-fill all the crops that were ticked in the first section.

Now the trouble is that the first section question asks the crop use in two questions (what are the dominant land use? in row 136 and what are the other crops planted? in row 141). So when I arrive at the second section, I have to combine the answers from the two questions (making sure each crop only shows up once, without repeating).

The problem is, if I select a crop in the second question (row 141) in the option list with name variables higher than the answers selected in the first question (row 136), then the answers don't show up. I've tried to change the name variable numbers in the second question to avoid duplication with the first question, then the answers don't get pulled at all.

As I said above, it seems to be limited by the position associated with the first question. But I just can't figure out how to fix this.....would much appreciate any help after one week of going down the rabbit hole.

Many many thanks in advance!
Xue

Hi @Xue
the form you attached is pretty big and going though it is not easy. If you create a small sample form that shows your problem your chances that someone helps you will increase a lot.

Hi @Grzesiek2010
Thanks for your kind advice!
I have created a short form only for the parts that I am seeking advice for. gmlghana_v32_test.xlsx (83.4 KB)

Using this form, let me rephrase the problems...

In the first section (Section A Plot), I ask about which crops are planted for each plot. And then in the next section (Section B Crops), at question D1/row 171, I need to pull/auto-fill all the crops that were ticked in the first section.

The trouble is that the first section question asks about the crops in two separate questions (question C32: what are the dominant land use? and question C40 what are the other crops planted?). So when I arrive at the next section in D1, I have to combine the answers from the two questions (making sure each crop only shows up once, without repeating).

The problem is, if I select an answer for question C40 in the option list with name variables higher than the answers selected in the first question (C32), then the answers don't show up. I've tried to change the name variable numbers in C40 to avoid duplication with C32, then the answers don't get pulled at all.

As I said above, it seems to be limited by the position associated with the first question. But I just can't figure out how to fix this.....many many thanks for kind advice in advance!

Did this issue get resolved. I am have a similar issue