Using two variable names under the Trigger column

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

I would like to use two variables under the Trigger column since I have two options/scenarios that could happen depending on a condition.

1. I have two types of household visit (First visit and Revisit).
  2. Any type of visit you chose requires that you key-in the number of households or structures in that compound.
  3. If the respondent erroneously said there are 5 households, you would be required to give information for all the households even if there were only 3 households.
  4. I need to use ${first_visithouseholds} ' , ' ${revisit_households} questions to serve as the trigger under the Trigger column so that I can go back and change number of households from 5 to 3 households to recalculate so that the repeat function does not ask for 5 households but instead ask for 3 households.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

I am using ODK collect v1.25.2 on a Samsung Tab4 using Android version 4.4.2

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I introduced a third row ${total_households} that calculates (sums the two options, if(${firstvisit_households}=null,0,${firstvisit_households})+if(${revisit_households}=null,0,${revisit_households})

Then used the ${total_households} variable under the Trigger column, but because its not a visible question, I am getting an error when I use the Online XLSForm converter (Error: The question ${total_households} is not user-visible so it can't be used as a calculation trigger for question ${position1}.)

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

Is it possible to use two visible questions under the Trigger Column to help avoid this error?
(Error: The question ${total_households} is not user-visible so it can't be used as a calculation trigger for question ${position1}.)

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.trigger_test_Saduma.xlsx (10.7 KB)

Is a new form submission filled out for each visit? That is, does the data collector fill out the form once for the first visit and fill the form a second time for a revisit?