Validate errors for my XLS form

problem: I am getting the following errors when trying to validate my XLS form:

Error: ODK Validate Errors:
XForm Parse Warning: Warning: 1 Unrecognized attributes found in Element [bind] and will be ignored: [requiredMsg] Location:

Problem found at nodeset: /html/head/model/bind
With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${estudo_numero}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${estudo_numero}" required="true()" type="int"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${estudo_numero}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${estudo_numero}" required="true()" type="int"/>

XForm Parse Warning: Warning: 1 Unrecognized attributes found in Element [bind] and will be ignored: [requiredMsg] Location:

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${date}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${date}" required="true()" type="dateTime"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${date}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${date}" required="true()" type="dateTime"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${Inquiridor}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${Inquiridor}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${Inquiridor}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${Inquiridor}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A1}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A1}" required="true()" type="int"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A1}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A1}" required="true()" type="int"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A2}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A2}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A2}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A2}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A3}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A3}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A3}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A3}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A4}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A4}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A4}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A4}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A4_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A4_other}" relevant=" ${A4}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A4_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A4_other}" relevant=" ${A4}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A5}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A5}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A5}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A5}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A5_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A5_other}" relevant=" ${A5}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A5_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A5_other}" relevant=" ${A5}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A6}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A6}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A6}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A6}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A6_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A6_other}" relevant=" ${A6}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A6_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A6_other}" relevant=" ${A6}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A7}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A7}" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A7}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A7}" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A8}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A8}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A8}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A8}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A8_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A8_other}" relevant=" ${A8}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A8_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A8_other}" relevant=" ${A8}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A9}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A9}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A9}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A9}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A10}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A10}" relevant=" ${A9}  = 1" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${A10}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${A10}" relevant=" ${A9}  = 1" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${Sexualmente_ativo}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${Sexualmente_ativo}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${Sexualmente_ativo}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${Sexualmente_ativo}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B15}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B15}" relevant=" ${Sexualmente_ativo}  = 2" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B15}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B15}" relevant=" ${Sexualmente_ativo}  = 2" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B15_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B15_other}" relevant=" ${B15}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B15_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B15_other}" relevant=" ${B15}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B1}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B1}" required="true()" type="int"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B1}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B1}" required="true()" type="int"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B2}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B2}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B2}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B2}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B3}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B3}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B3}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B3}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B5}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B5}" relevant=" ${B3}  = 2" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B5}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B5}" relevant=" ${B3}  = 2" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B5_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B5_other}" relevant=" ${B5}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B5_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B5_other}" relevant=" ${B5}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B4}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B4}" relevant=" ${B3}  = 1" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B4}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B4}" relevant=" ${B3}  = 1" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B4_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B4_other}" relevant=" ${B4}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B4_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B4_other}" relevant=" ${B4}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B6}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B6}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B6}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B6}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B7_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B7_other}" relevant=" ${B7}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B7_other}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B7_other}" relevant=" ${B7}  = 96" required="true()" type="string"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B8}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B8}" required="true()" type="int"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B8}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B8}" required="true()" type="int"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B9}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B9}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B9}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B9}" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B10}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B10}" relevant=" ${B9}  = 1" required="true()" type="select1"/>

With element <bind requiredMsg="jr:itext('${B10}:jr:requiredMsg')" nodeset="${B10}" relevant=" ${B9}  = 1" required="true()" type="select1"/>

XForm Parse Error: Encountered a problem with display condition for node [${B11}] at line: ${B9} ,{B10} = 1, Couldn't understand the expression starting at this point: ...ente_ativo/B9 ,?{B10} = 1
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParseException: Encountered a problem with display condition for node [${B11}] at line: ${B9} ,{B10} = 1, Couldn't understand the expression starting at this point: ...ente_ativo/B9 ,?{B10} = 1

XForm is invalid. See above for the errors.

Result: Invalid

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version? I am using the validate feature on the ODK website from my macbook pro computer.

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried editing my XLS form but i do not really understand the error message so I am not sure how to edit my XLS form appropriately.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Hi @Sarah_Pfeil
Please attach your form if you can (if it doesn't contain private data).

1 Like

CFAR_HIV_Survey_ODK_form.xls (90 KB)

@Sarah_Pfeil
I think there is something wrong with the converter because if I change required_message::PortuguĂȘs to Required_message::PortuguĂȘs (just the first letter) I can't see those warnings. I tested your form and even if you don't change it and ignore those warnings it should work well and display your message properly.

The second thing is that you use nested groups and it's a problem when a group with field-list appearance contains another group, it doesn't work so you may need to do that in other way.

If you have any other question or you need some help don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Grzegorz

1 Like

Thanks so much for taking a look at it!

I tried converting this form on http://opendatakit.org/xiframe while I got a lot of warnings, I never got the XForm is invalid error.

I agree with @Grzesiek2010 that the form looks fine, but I'm worried that there might be a bug somewhere or we are testing the wrong form!

@Sarah_Pfeil can you post the exact link on the ODK website that you used for the validation? Can you also try the form you attached to confirm you don't get the XForm is invalid error?

Hello,
I used this link to convert from XLS to XLM:

and I used the attached form. I think there is an issue with the required message, perhaps that it is in Portugese? If i delete the required message, the form can be converted to the xlm format.

I am also having a second issue with setting up ODK Aggregate, specifically unzipping the installer on my mac. I have tried the Archive Utility and the app The Unarchiver. I am getting an "error on decrunching." I would like to be able to upload my survey to aggregate to then see it in collect on our tablets to be able to see what changes I need to make to my form. Do you have any suggestions about how to unzip the installer and get my aggregate up and running?

Thank you for your time and help.
Best,
Sarah CFAR_HIV_Survey_ODK_form.xls (90 KB)