Write Error ssl=0x793b67de00: I/O error during system call

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Occasionally on batch uploading of forms to an Aggregate server I am met with the following errors:

Error: Generic Exception: Write Error ssl=0x793b67de00: I/O error during system call, Software caused connection abort 

Error: Generic Exception: Read Error ssl=0x793b67de00: I/O error during system call, Software caused connection abort 

They don't seem to be work stopping -- ODK Collect successfully submits forms after they are raised. I am wondering if this stops a form being uploaded successfully.

After an error like this would ODK Collect attempt to submit the form again? Are there any suggestions on how to go about debugging this? Could it just be a network or memory issue that will resolve itself?

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
This is on the latest ODK release on the Play Store on a variety of different phones (will update with models soon).

All of the phones are configured to connect to the default Google App Spot free build of Aggregate. I find no corresponding server side error occurs when a client see either of the above errors

Here's a screenshot.

Thanks!