XLSForm error: generated_note_name_162' has no label or hint

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
When running my XLS through the XLSform converter, I get an error "Error: The survey element named 'generated_note_name_133' has no label or hint." However, I do not have any survey element with that name. In fact "generated_note_name_162" never appears in the worksheet at all.
What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
XLSForm offline v1.6.0 and also the online version at http://opendatakit.org/xiframe/
What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Run the attached XLS through XLSForm converter.MERAFollowUp_xlsform_52918.xls (97.5 KB)

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
removed extraneous rows from the XLS, cleared formatting, filled in labels and hints where i didn't think they were needed. Also, danced naked around an upside down cross with laptop while shouting "Om Mane Padme Ohmmmm".
Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
Form is attached.

Looks to me like you have a note in line 133 of your excel file which does not have a name, label or hint. I think the generated note name probably refers to that. You could take that line out and try again. It is not serving any function as far as I can see

2 Likes

It did turn out to be as simple as that. Fixed.