XLSForm - spacing between questions, without using groups

Hello.

I'm new to XLSForms and ODK, but I did some searching and couldn't find an answer to my question.

I'm making a form and I would like to group certain questions together, with breaks/spaces in between. However we have some technologically-unsavvy people that may use the form, and I don't want the 'collapse' functionality that goes with groups. I haven't found another way to insert a gap between survey questions.

Below is what I have currently. You can see that the "type in the name" question is not separated at all from the note (Snowball) below it. I would like to have a thick gap, maybe with a horizontal line, to separate the two. In my settings I have the style set as theme-grid because I need certain questions to be beside each other, but I hope this doesn't mean it's impossible to have gaps without using groups.

Thank you for your help.

Hi and welcome to the ODK forum! If you have a moment, introduce yourself in the "welcome" thread, and if you are comfortable with it, feel free to add your name and picture to your profile, it helps to build community.

HTML markup is supported for question titles, hints, notes etc. You could try inserting the desired spacing via CSS styles e.g.

<div style="margin-top:3em;"></div>

Maybe this could go into the note text or as a separate, otherwise blank, note?