XML Upload data Error

*I am attempting to upload a form created in ODK build to Aggregate but i
am getting the following error messages. *

*First error is received when trying to upload a xml file created in build
to aggregate. *"Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:
org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: Javarosa
failed to construct a FormDef. Is this an XForm definition?

Second error is when trying to export form from build directly to
aggregate: {"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to
Aggregate."}

Any quick assistance on this will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Elijah,

What happens if you run the XML of the form through ODK Validate?

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Elijah Asadhi easadhi13@gmail.com wrote:

I am attempting to upload a form created in ODK build to Aggregate but i am
getting the following error messages.

First error is received when trying to upload a xml file created in build to
aggregate. "Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:

Second error is when trying to export form from build directly to aggregate:
{"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."}

Thanks

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I am also having problems uploading my xml files that i copied from ODK collect to ODK aggregate. When i do, i get the same error as the one by Elijah. I have run one of the files in ODK validate and this is the error am getting(below). Kindly assist me. Am stuck.

Parsing form...
XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [data]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data
With element

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [page_1]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1
With element <page_1>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [County]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/County
With element

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Date]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Date
With element

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Site_No]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Site_No
With element <Site_No>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Plot_size]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Plot_size
With element <Plot_size>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Coordinates]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Coordinates
With element

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Elev]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Elev
With element

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [pg_2]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2
With element <pg_2><Striga_presence>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Striga_presence]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/Striga_presence
With element <Striga_presence>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [planting_cycle]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/planting_cycle
With element <planting_cycle>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Landuse]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/Landuse
With element

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Soil_type]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/Soil_type
With element <Soil_type>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Severity]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/Severity
With element

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Photo_1_M]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/Photo_1_M
With element <Photo_1_M/>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [photo_2_N]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/photo_2_N
With element <photo_2_N/>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Photo_3_E]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/Photo_3_E
With element <Photo_3_E/>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Photo_4_S]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/Photo_4_S
With element <Photo_4_S/>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Photo_5_W]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/Photo_5_W
With element <Photo_5_W/>

XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [GPS]. Ignoring and processing children...
Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/GPS
With element

java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:467)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:324)
at org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:78)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:368)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.actionPerformed(FormValidator.java:251)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

··· >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint.

Thanks Yaw, I have not tried running it through ODK validate but let me try
and then get back to you.

Otherwise thanks for the quick response

Elijah O. Asadhi
M & E Officer
KEMRI RCTP

No matter how many times the teeth bites the mouth they still stay together
in one mouth. That is the spirit of forgiveness............

··· On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

Elijah,

http://opendatakit.org/downloads/download-category/validate/

Yaw

Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server
setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

I am attempting to upload a form created in ODK build to Aggregate but i
am

First error is received when trying to upload a xml file created in
build to

aggregate:

Thanks

--

"ODK Community" group.

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/opendatakit/Xlvx0NSvQeU/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hi there,

Could you email me (yanokwa at nafundi dot com) one of the files that
cause this problem?

Thank,

Yaw

··· On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 2:36 PM, wrote: > > I am also having problems uploading my xml files that i copied from ODK collect to ODK aggregate. When i do, i get the same error as the one by Elijah. I have run one of the files in ODK validate and this is the error am getting(below). Kindly assist me. Am stuck. > > > > > > Parsing form... > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [data]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [page_1]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1 > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [County]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/County > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Date]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Date > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Site_No]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Site_No > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Plot_size]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Plot_size > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Coordinates]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Coordinates > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Elev]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/page_1/Elev > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [pg_2]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2 > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Striga_presence]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/Striga_presence > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [planting_cycle]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/planting_cycle > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Landuse]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/Landuse > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Soil_type]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/Soil_type > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Severity]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/pg_2/Severity > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Photo_1_M]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/Photo_1_M > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [photo_2_N]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/photo_2_N > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Photo_3_E]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/Photo_3_E > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Photo_4_S]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/Photo_4_S > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [Photo_5_W]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/Photo_5_W > With element > > XForm Parse Warning: Unrecognized element [GPS]. Ignoring and processing children... > Problem found at nodeset: /data[@id=build_Striga-Mapping-in-W-Kenya_1483688006]/GPS > With element > > java.lang.NullPointerException > java.lang.NullPointerException > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:467) > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:324) > at org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:78) > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:368) > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.actionPerformed(FormValidator.java:251) > at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) > at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) > at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) > at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) > at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) > at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) > > >>> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hello YAW,

if I validate the form this is the report i am geting from the validator

Parsing form...
Title: "iCCMExitedit"
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParseException: Select question has no choices
at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseControl(XFormParser.java:838)
at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseControl(XFormParser.java:762)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser$7.handle(XFormParser.java:165)
at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:466)
at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:475)
at
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:412)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:300)
at
org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:78)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:367)
at
org.odk.validate.FormValidator.actionPerformed(FormValidator.java:249)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
Source)
Source)

XForm is invalid. See above for the errors.

What is this suppose to mean

Thanks

Elijah O. Asadhi
M & E Officer
KEMRI RCTP

··· On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Elijah Asadhi wrote:

Thanks Yaw, I have not tried running it through ODK validate but let me
try and then get back to you.

Elijah O. Asadhi
M & E Officer
KEMRI RCTP

No matter how many times the teeth bites the mouth they still stay
together in one mouth. That is the spirit of forgiveness............

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@nafundi.com wrote:

Elijah,

Yaw

I am attempting to upload a form created in ODK build to Aggregate but
i am

build to
org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData:
Javarosa

aggregate:

Thanks

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an

--

Elijah,

Make sure your selects have a caption (where it says English) and an
underlying value. My guess is you just have captions.

Build should probably warn you about this. Code contributions are welcome.
https://github.com/clint-tseng/odkbuild/issues/18

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 4:43 AM, Elijah Asadhi easadhi13@gmail.com wrote:

Hello YAW,

if I validate the form this is the report i am geting from the validator

Parsing form...
Title: "iCCMExitedit"
at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseControl(XFormParser.java:838)
at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseControl(XFormParser.java:762)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser$7.handle(XFormParser.java:165)
at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:466)
at
at
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:412)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:300)
at
org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:78)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:367)
at
org.odk.validate.FormValidator.actionPerformed(FormValidator.java:249)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
Source)
Source)
Source)

XForm is invalid. See above for the errors.

What is this suppose to mean

Thanks

Elijah O. Asadhi
M & E Officer
KEMRI RCTP

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Elijah Asadhi easadhi13@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Yaw, I have not tried running it through ODK validate but let me
try and then get back to you.

Elijah O. Asadhi
M & E Officer
KEMRI RCTP

No matter how many times the teeth bites the mouth they still stay
together in one mouth. That is the spirit of forgiveness............

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@nafundi.com wrote:

Elijah,

Yaw

I am attempting to upload a form created in ODK build to Aggregate but
i am

build to
org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData:
Javarosa

aggregate:

Thanks

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an

--

--

"ODK Community" group.

Hello Yaw.

I have noticed you are a considerable expert with all ODK issues.

I am a newbie and I need your help please.

I have completed my application in ODK Build and need to export to Aggregate.

I keep getting Internal Server Error when doing this.

My app URL is correct and set up with Goodle Apps.

I am using Oracle VM Virtualbox version 4.3.12r93733

My ODK Build version is 0.85.

How do I remedy this?

Thanks for the help in advance

Sass