You-may-need to use the indexed-repeat() function to specify which value you want error!

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
The form was working and suddenly I get this error. I really don't know what could be what fails.
I basically want that when you put the number of people in the pa_numero field b11, save that position and repeat the amount that the user puts. As I said before it worked well for me.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central 0.6 android 7

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Try some things but without success

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
When will you perform the second loop of the group repetition

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
FichaRelevamientoNutricionalV1.xml (57.1 KB)

FichaRelevamientoNutricionalV1.xls (49.5 KB)

Hi @Daniel_Alberto_Diaz

The problem is that to reference a field in a repeat group you need to specify which iteration the application should consider. At the moment your instance name references the variable apeynom, which gives you an error.

E.g. you have two people called:
1 Ana Algo
2 Francisco Algomas
Which name should the instance name use in the concatenation?

The way to do this is to use the indexed-repeat
If you wanted to always reference the first name in the roster I suggest you create a calculated variable outside the loop using the indexed-repeat function; this new variable could then be included in the instance name.

Alternatively, a quick fix should be to remove the ${apeynom} from the instance name.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Andrea

3 Likes

hi @Andrea_Martin : Indeed the problem was there. settings; instance name. Thank you!!!!

I upload it corrected, maybe someone will serve as an example.

Ficha Relevamiento Nutricional Salta.xls (50 KB)

2 Likes