Could not find the resource on submission

Hello there, I was wondering if there were any updates regarding this issue. we are getting the following message:

  1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
    "MBH0051 - Error: Generic Exception: Error: Could not find the resource you were looking for"
    We have multiple people / devices collecting data, but not everyone has this issue. We are using one single QR code with multiple people using it, could this be related to the issue?

  2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
    We are using ODK Central v 1.0. We are using a ODK collect.

  3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
    Reconnecting to the internet, restarting the tablets. Some tablets are able to submit others are not.

  4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
    Happens every time the tablet is used to submit.

  5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach them below.
    I could not attach the screen shoot of the error for some reason, it never stopped uploading but it is only the error message similar to above.

What version of ODK Collect are you using? If you aren't using the latest (currently v2022.2), upgrade and see if that helps.

ODK Central v1.0 is 2 years old. Upgrade to the latest (currently v1.5.2). has more guidance on this.

1 Like

Given that you're on an old version of Central, you may be running into the same problem that Sending Forms Error 'Could not find resource you are looking for' - #3 ended up being about. In that case, there were non-ASCII characters (e.g. é) in the version string of the submission that Collect was trying to send. Do you have any of those for one of your versions?

If this is indeed the problem, I think that the Collect version currently in beta will fix this problem because it sends all submissions as UTF-8. You could try upgrading to the beta (ODK Collect v2022.3 Beta: UTF-8 submissions and default Android splash screen - #3 by LN). However, v2022.2 will not make a difference.

I also believe that @yanokwa is correct that upgrading Central would fix the issue. If you want to go in that direction, make sure you have backups, that you have several hours of scheduled downtime, and that you follow all upgrade instructions carefully.

I believe another hacky fix we had found was to create a new version in Central with non-ASCII characters in the version string escaped to HTML. So for example, if the version string is vé3, writing it as vé3 would work.

1 Like

All the characters in the version string are ASCII characters. But thank you for this bit I did not know about.

We will try to update the version of the tablets as I do not currently know the versions installed of ODK collect. And we will update ODK central as well and get back if that solved the issues. Thank you for your support