Create automatic background recording of interview in Collect

I understand this limitation is there because switching together AMRs/AACs isn't straightforward, but I think it's not uncommon for data collectors to pause and resume a long survey. I don't think it's a must have, but it feels awfully close to me. Curious what others think.

1 Like

I like how this looks. My only thought was that something needs to be added other than the running time total and the microphone icon, e.g. "Background recording in progress". Without that it could be confusing to some users who may not have been trained/briefed by the survey admin.

Alternatively, maybe a popup warning could be displayed when opening the blank form?

2 Likes

We have recently released a beta of Collect v1.30 with background recording. XLSForm support should be coming in a few days. You can find more information on the beta program and how to get a test form in ODK Collect v1.30 Beta: background recording.

Thanks to all who have contributed to make this feature happen!

Recording is now resumed across form sessions.

Thanks for the ideas in Slack. We don't yet have something to directly address this but hope to come back to it soon based on user feedback.

2 Likes

ODK Collect v1.30 is now available with support for background audio recording. XLSForm support is available in XLSForm Online and will be coming in the next Central release. You can find documentation here.

If you have questions about the feature or further suggestions for improvements, please start a new thread!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.