What is the general goal of the feature?
- The goal is to create a complete audio recording of the entire interview (or parts of it) for quality control purposes (and for eventual integration with NLP mechanisms). This is not feasible at the moment as training interviewers to create parallel recordings in a different app and linking it with the correct interview is too complex.
What are some example use cases for this feature?
- As a user I'd like to be able to record audio and submit them as part of the form without leaving the form page
- As a survey administrator, I'd like to record entire surveys (or sections of a survey), not only single questions. The goal is to have a parallel audio file that would allow us to compare actual responses with how they were coded by the enumerator.
- The recording should be done in the background while the enumerator asks questions and receives responses
- This should be a configurable setting (either at the form or app level-or both)
Ideally this should create separate audio files for each question instead of a single recording. New recordings could be started whenever the user swipes to the next question. This could be a setting as well, of course:
Record entire interview (single file)
Record separate questions/screens (several files)
What can you contribute to making this feature a reality?
Ideation, use cases, UX, potential funding.
NB: Obviously file size is an issue when submitting in some environments, but for this feature we should assume that sufficient bandwidth is available. A possible workaround would be a different Collect feature to submit without attachments, so that recordings can be copied offline without stopping regular submissions.