Creating a table to fill in with household members names. The number of rows of the table depending on previous question

Hi everyone,

hope you are doing well.

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am writing a household level survey where I am asking first how many people there are in the household. I then ask the first and second name of each individual in the household.

I am using a repeat function at the moment but I would like to create a table with the number of data entry equal to the number of people in the household where people can write their names (see below for example figure). Is this possible in ODK? If yes, how can I write it in the xlsform?

Just to keep in mind, I have a number of later questions in my xlsform where the name of the individuals appear as a set of multiple options and the surveyor has to select one name.

I have seen that the issue of creating a table has been posted in a number of topics on the forum but I have not found a solution that works in my case.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

Olimpia :slight_smile:

Hi @Olimpia
It's not possible. Here you can find a feature request Form design: grid of text or numeric input as you can read there the problem is not solved yet. Maybe you can share your thoughts in that topic?

1 Like

Hi @Grzesiek2010

Thank you for your reply. I will make sure to share my thoughts if the problem gets solved.

Many thanks

Olimpia