Enketo Question matrix form design

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

I am currently designing a questionnaire using XLS Forms and using enketo to collect the data. I’m using the grid-theme appearance to generate a tabular render of certain questions. However I do not want the this tabular appearance throughout the form.

When I try to generate questions or notes, outside those that I need in tabular form, they appear with boundaries hence also looking like part of the table. What should I do to have a mixed appearance of tabular and default on enketo? I wouldn’t mind if these are on different pages. Thank you in advance
:smile:

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

Currently using XLS forms on windows.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Tried several ideas and read all support articles on enketo, kobo and ODK forums on question matrix and grid theme.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

@Markkiffe, sorry not possible. A theme is for the whole form. There are no plans to change this.

1 Like

@martijnr
Ohh okay. Fair enough. How can I have different tables appear on different pages Atleast? Does grouping help? Since I know the theme grid theme and pages can be used together.

You can use field-list on top-level groups to get them to show on different pages.