Error downloading blank forms: Unable to make API calls

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
When trying to Get Blank Forms, a pop up appears with the following message: "Unable to make API calls. If you are running a local build, please review the project readme". I found this code related to it:

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I'm using odk collect in both samsung tablets and xiaomi cell phones.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I'm ve tried to uninstall and reinstall odk collect app, but couldn't think of any other alternative. I'm a newbie, lol.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Unfortunately, I don't know. I've made chances in a sheet and uploaded a new xls archive, the error happened when trying to download it into the app.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @priscastilho

Do you use the official Collect app from the store or it is your build?

hi @Grzesiek2010! thanks for answering. I downloaded from the store. it's ODK collect v1.25.0 beta.0

So definitely it should work well. You are the second user this week reporting the same problem @yanokwa do you maybe use a new computer and forgot to update SHA-1 fingerprint?

1 Like

We've been getting this error to:

And now, this one to:

Please help :slight_smile:

This is a problem I've been able to reproduce. I'm not sure how yet to fix it it, but we'll fix it in the next beta.

hi @yanokwa. what causes it? is there anyway I can prevent it from happening? cause it would be amazing if I could keep on using the app for my data collection.

This is a bug with the v1.25 beta. This is why we ask that you don't join the beta with a device or account actively used for data collection. If you'd like to go back to the stable version, read the "Leaving the beta" section of ODK Collect v1.25 Beta.

Thanks very much for trying out the beta and for reporting this issue, @priscastilho! We just published v1.25 beta 1 (described at Visualize on the fly in the mobile phone the data collected with ODK on a map - #19 by LN) which should fix this issue. Please try it out and let us know if you run into any other problems. There will be one more beta release this week before the final release goes out.