Help on ODK build. How can I create "Other" on multiple choices?

I want to create "If other specify" option on choose one option of question
types. How can I do that on ODK? I don't understand following statement
given on the Staging Build Tool

• To create a freeform "Other" option, add one here, then follow it up
    with a Text question with the Relevance property set to reference this
    question; for example: ${/xpath/to/this/choose/one} = 'other'

Hello ,

If i understand your question correctly, you can and or_other at the end of the type column on the survey sheet, for example select_one roof_c or_other

Best,

ยทยทยท On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 3:56:38 PM UTC+3, Minilik Tesfaye wrote: > I want to create "If other specify" option on choose one option of question types. How can I do that on ODK? I don't understand following statement given on the Staging Build Tool > > > To create a freeform "Other" option, add one here, then follow it up with a Text question with the Relevance property set to reference this question; for example: ${/xpath/to/this/choose/one} = 'other'

Thank you Kiflu. But I wanted the other option where you create a text box
and collect data if "other" is selected. I noticed that it is done by
selected(${question_name},'value')
but this does not show the text box exactly when you click on the desired
option form the select_one question.

Thanks again.

ยทยทยท On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 6:58:35 PM UTC+3, kiflu...@gmail.com wrote: > > On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 3:56:38 PM UTC+3, Minilik Tesfaye wrote: > > I want to create "If other specify" option on choose one option of > question types. How can I do that on ODK? I don't understand following > statement given on the Staging Build Tool > > > > > > To create a freeform "Other" option, add one here, then follow it up > with a Text question with the Relevance property set to reference this > question; for example: ${/xpath/to/this/choose/one} = 'other' > > > Hello , > > If i understand your question correctly, you can and or_other at the end > of the type column on the survey sheet, for example select_one roof_c > or_other > > Best, > >

Thank you Kiflu. But I wanted the other option where you create a text box

Thanks again.

ยทยทยท On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 6:58:35 PM UTC+3, kiflu...@gmail.com wrote: > > On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 3:56:38 PM UTC+3, Minilik Tesfaye wrote: > > I want to create "If other specify" option on choose one option of > question types. How can I do that on ODK? I don't understand following > statement given on the Staging Build Tool > > > > > > To create a freeform "Other" option, add one here, then follow it up > with a Text question with the Relevance property set to reference this > question; for example: ${/xpath/to/this/choose/one} = 'other' > > > Hello , > > If i understand your question correctly, you can and or_other at the end > of the type column on the survey sheet, for example select_one roof_c > or_other > > Best, > >

Moving to the community list because this isn't really a developer question.

Minilik,

It looks like you are using Build, and not XLSForm, so I don't think
kiflut2002's answer is relevant. I've attached an example form that
you can load into Build that shows how to use relevance to show a text
box when a user selects other.

Yaw

Colors.odkbuild (818 Bytes)

ยทยทยท On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 3:21 AM, Minilik Tesfaye wrote: > Thank you Kiflu. But I wanted the other option where you create a text box > and collect data if "other" is selected. I noticed that it is done by > selected(${question_name},'value') > but this does not show the text box exactly when you click on the desired > option form the select_one question. > > Thanks again. > > > > On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 6:58:35 PM UTC+3, kiflu...@gmail.com wrote: >> >> On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 3:56:38 PM UTC+3, Minilik Tesfaye wrote: >> > I want to create "If other specify" option on choose one option of >> > question types. How can I do that on ODK? I don't understand following >> > statement given on the Staging Build Tool >> > >> > >> > To create a freeform "Other" option, add one here, then follow it up >> > with a Text question with the Relevance property set to reference this >> > question; for example: ${/xpath/to/this/choose/one} = 'other' >> >> >> Hello , >> >> If i understand your question correctly, you can and or_other at the end >> of the type column on the survey sheet, for example select_one roof_c >> or_other >> >> Best, >> >> > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Developers" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
1 Like

Dear Yaw,

Many thanks for updating me, I will check it.

Best,

Kiflu T.

ยทยทยท On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 8:42 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

Moving to the community list because this isn't really a developer
question.

Minilik,

It looks like you are using Build, and not XLSForm, so I don't think
kiflut2002's answer is relevant. I've attached an example form that
you can load into Build that shows how to use relevance to show a text
box when a user selects other.

Yaw

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 3:21 AM, Minilik Tesfaye sendmillo@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you Kiflu. But I wanted the other option where you create a text
box

Thanks again.

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 6:58:35 PM UTC+3, kiflu...@gmail.com wrote:

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 3:56:38 PM UTC+3, Minilik Tesfaye wrote:

I want to create "If other specify" option on choose one option of
question types. How can I do that on ODK? I don't understand following
statement given on the Staging Build Tool

To create a freeform "Other" option, add one here, then follow it up
with a Text question with the Relevance property set to reference this
question; for example: ${/xpath/to/this/choose/one} = 'other'

Hello ,

If i understand your question correctly, you can and or_other at the end
of the type column on the survey sheet, for example select_one roof_c
or_other

Best,

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.