How to easily export data that contains repeating groups WITHOUT having multiple files

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I originally was exporting my survey data using Aggregrate but did not want the links to the data contained in my repeat groups (I have many repeat groups in each survey). I also do not want individual CSV files for each of the repeat groups which is what Briefcase seems like it will do.

Is there a way to get a single file with all of the data? How would a JSON file work to get the data easily in to excel? Any help is appreciated!

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

XLSForm put onto Android tablet, currently in Aggregate

Hi @MStack,

With the current tools, that is how the platform handles repeat group.

If you are use stata for data processing, you may want to check out the odkmeta program in stata. It can automatically label and link the repeat group.

See the link Merge data using ODKmeta

1 Like

@MStack, i dont think there is a way to do that. It make sense to have a separate dataset for each repeat group. it is always good to have separate sheets to do some data mining and cleaning before merging whatever you want based on necessity.
many platforms can be used for merging purposes, be it R, python, STATA......SQL...
I don't think briefcase can be substituted as a data management tool.
I advice you to get the data the way it is and get help on data management based on what you want to do.

Best