ODK Aggregate 404 error about resource file missing

Hi yanokwa, I am having an issue setting up ODK aggregate. I am using tomcat7 and the latest version of ODK Aggregate. I have also edited the context file and copied the .war file to the webapps folder however, when i access the ipaddress:8080/ODKAggregate url it gives me a 404 error and a description that the resource file is not there. what could be causing it not to be visible to tomcat?

Hi Anguo,

in first of all you have to copey the file
mysql-connector-java-5.1.31-bin.jar
from
MySQL\Connector J 5.1.31
to
Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\lib

in my case i use apach 8.5 mysql 5.6

in fact you have to check Aggregate is loaded an it's running.

ipaddress:8080
it will show you this screen

click on manage app:
it will show you this screen :

Best Regards

When troubleshooting Aggregate, I find it's best to look at the Tomcat logs first. The logs will tell give you a big hint as to why the application isn't loading.

Hi Nader,
I have have set the java path, the connector, i also ran the db script successfully and i copied the ODKaggregate.war file to /opt/tomcat/webapps directory but still there is something that is making it to not access the odkaggregate through myipaddress:8080 url. Since i am new to the forum i cant upload a file so heres a link to the catalina.out file https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BNCy13omQ7TrMsx92c1emVQJsugfcECARhE4WsQC9gg/edit?usp=sharing

The log had the hint I was looking for...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(6) NOT NULL , _LAST_UPDATE_URI_USER VARCHAR(80) CHARACTER SET utf8 NULL , _L' at line 1

ODK Aggregate requires MySQL 5.7 or higher. You are probably using MySQL 5.5.

2 Likes

Hi Anguyo,

am sorry for my late respond,

in fact YAW is right it looks like you are using version of MYSQL older than MYSQL 5.6

would you please check the version of your MYSQL

Best Regards

I am using version 5.5.57. Does the version of mysql affect the odk webapp from being accessed?

Thanks a lot guys, apparently with MySQL 5.7 everything works okay :raised_hands::grin::raised_hands:

3 Likes