ODK Collect v1.16.x - Problem with geopoint placement-map

Hi everyone,

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I noticed a problem since the release of the version 1.16.0 with geopoint and placement-map.
First, the button "add a mark", which place automatically a point on the GPS position, is not active. Then, when I want to place manually a point on the map, I have to push on "delete point" before being enable to place the point on the map.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
All is right with version 1.15.1 but troubles appear with version 1.16.0 and 1.16.1.
I have tried those different version on Samsung Galaxy Tab A (Android version 6.0.1 and 7.0) and Samsung Galaxy tab 2 (Android version 4.2.2). The trouble is the same.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
The parameters of my GPS allows Google services to enance its precision, I am connected to the net and I am in a place without any problem to find a signal.

Does anyone notice the same kind of trouble ?

Thanks for help !

Helene

Hi @helene! Welcome to the ODK forum and thanks so much for your detailed report. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

@Grzesiek2010 You were recently in this code. Can you reproduce this issue? Seems like a regression...

Thanks for reporting the issue @helene

I was able to reproduce it and prepared a pr which fixes the problem https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/pull/2458

1 Like

Great ! Thanks both for your reactivity !

1 Like

Hi @helene! This issue is now fixed in Collect v1.16.2 which should be rolling out to all devices now.

When you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community! Merci!

Hi Yanokwa ! Sorry for answering so late but I wanted to test it before. It is all right ! Thanks ! I think I had also a little problem with my gps but now all is good !

2 Likes