What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Once logging into the ODK webportal, webpage keeps refreshing every 2 seconds.
What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
ODK version 1.4.7, its run on Apache Tomcat 6.0
What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Tried restarting ODK service by restarting Tomcat application
A form was uploaded today morning, deleted all files that could be found in the MySql data folder created at the time of form upload with the form prefix name
Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
It started today morning soon after a new form was uploaded. If you can let me know how to access logs, I can send it over.
Though you are experiencing this issue with Tomcat server. However, I believe you may find this link helpful.
Many thanks, I think Repairing the Form Definition Table in the link you have suggested is what I will need, but I have no idea how it needs to be done in Tomcat, any suggestions?
I don't usually host Aggregate on Tomcat; I have tried for learning only. If you have already collected data, take a backup first before giving a try. @yanokwa or @LN would be the best person to guide you in the right direction since this is quite sensitive troubleshooting process.
Everything explained in the linked guide can be done in your MySQL database.
You would need to connect to it using some program like MySQL Workbench or similar. Then, after connecting to the database where Aggregate is configured, you can look into the tables from the guide and follow the steps to clean the corrupted data.
Please, be sure to make a database backup before start manipulating the database.
If your database is not confidential, it will help us a lot to have it to reproduce the error and fix the constant refresh problem you're referring. A backup would work for us.
Unfortunately, your deletion of files in the MySQL data folder might have rendered your DB corrupt, so this might be a hard or impossible fix.
I agree with Guillermo that a DB backup using mysqldump would be a great place for you to start. And if you can share that backup, we can try to replicate and fix the issue.
If you aren't familiar with mysqldump, https://serversforhackers.com/c/mysqldump-with-modern-mysql is a decent place to start.
Also, ODK Aggregate 1.4.7 is three years old. Is there any reason you haven't upgraded yet?
Many thanks to all, I have the entire MySql Server 5.6 folder backedup a couple of months ago. Will restoring the MySql Server 5.6 will from a couple of montha go will fix the corruotion? We are currently not worried about data loss as we regularly backup data from ODK.
If not I will move to other options of correcting the database table which might be time consuming.
Also, I have made backups of filed which were deleted form MySQL
I would restore to the point right after the corruption happened and before you deleted anything. That backup would be very helpful for us to reproduce and fix the issue.
Do you have that backup? If so, send me a PM so we can coordinate a way to get access that DB so we can learn from it and help with a fix.
Many thanks for your help, but unfortunately we dont have any recent backup for the SQL DB
I was considering reseting the whole system by which I can start afresh and create good backup plans for future
So basically deleteing all current databases and schema and start new
Do let me know if there are any resources available for help me through this as I have'nt done this before, also would like to update ODK to the latest version.
Regarding your current problem and if you are not concerned about data loss, The easiest and quickest way to have your ODK system running would be to create a new database and install the latest version of ODK on it.
If you still want to try to recover your data, try to restore your latest backup and follow the guide to fix data corruption problems to ensure there is no data corruption. After doing that, you should upgrade your Aggregate instance to the latest version.
Many thanks, that will be the way i will be going for.
Following what @ggalmazor I have successfully managed to delete the corrupted data using Workbench...Thanks a ton for the suggestion and the server is back to normal.
Many thanks for all and @yanokwa I will be upgrading the ODK version as soon as possible . Thanks