ODK Zapier Integration

ODK Central has great integrations with Power BI, Excel, Python, and R, but there are thousands of other services that would benefit from an ODK integration. To solve that problem, we've created an ODK Zapier integration to help you automate connections between ODK and other services.

With the ODK Zapier integration, you can now stream data from ODK to Salesforce, Google Calendar, email, and thousands of other services. Using this integration will save you time, and the best part? You don't have to be a programmer to use it!

In only a few clicks in Zapier, you can:

• :cloud: Create a new record of a Salesforce object (e.g., new Contact) from a new submission
  • :spiral_calendar: Add a follow-up visit to an enumerator's Google calendar if a participant was missing
  • :incoming_envelope: Send an email or SMS when a submission has a particular value (e.g., malaria_test=positive)

To get started:

1. Create your Zapier account. Start on the Free plan and upgrade if you need complex automations.
  2. Navigate to "My Apps" from the top menu bar.
  3. Now click on "Connect a new account..." and search for "ODK"
  4. Use your ODK Central credentials to connect your account to Zapier.
  5. Once that's done you can start creating an automation. Try creating email one!

The ODK Zapier integration is in beta, so let us know what you think below.

3 Likes

what about adding an agent for Huginn? or Airflow That are open source?

1 Like

Those would be great to add support for! The core team doesn't have the time to take this on right now, but if anyone else wants to get it started, I'm glad to collaborate. Post below or email me at yanokwa@getodk.org.

1 Like

Great! @tertek and I will get soon in touch to discuss it

3 Likes

This is pretty awesome, was hoping we could see something like a fews years back but glad its now integrated in a way. Although, would support be hosted here or would we need to bring up with Zapier? As im trying to run a zap from ODK to Google Sheet but coming across a few issues.

The Zapier team provides frontline support for the integration, but if you find that they are not being helpful, you can always post in the support category here so we can help.