Something broke the parser

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I received this error while uploading an xls form to ONA; DK Validate Errors: >> Something broke the parser. See below for a hint. Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate The following files failed validation: ${tmp73fso5gc} Result: Invalid
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ONA
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
looked for all calculation and relevant conditions
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
helping figure out the problem
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
I have the form

Please post your form (suitably sanitised of any personal data) and I expect somebody here can spot the error.

2020.09.09_Verification & Baseline Survey_SS_V1......xlsx (87.2 KB)

Hi @sukhasawneh
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

The problem is in the way you use pulldata function. For example in row 184 you have a select_one question named hh_member and use pulldata('household_registration_form','hh_member','hh_member',${hh_member})
The last parameter is the name of the same question so basically you try to use its answer to calculate options to display what doesn't make sense because such an answer doesn't exist when you want to do that and that cause dependency cycle.

It's just one example but you have more such bugs in your form so please review it and fix.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Grzesiek2010, can you help me with this; how can pull data from other filled form, actually I have other forms rely on the main form (registration form), it is like case management !! can I do this using odk and .xls?

It depends what you want to achieve could you maybe prepare a small version of your form that contains that pulldata function to help us understand your case?

Thank you for your support @Grzesiek201.
I created these simple xls forms to clarify the idea.
verification.xlsx (136.2 KB) registration.xlsx (123.3 KB)

Hi, I have the same problem using ONA
TRANSGABONNAISE-PARCELLESET PAP-TEST.xlsx (57.8 KB)
"DK Validate Errors: >> Something broke the parser. See below for a hint. Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate The following files failed validation: ${tmpom0zyybu} Result: Invalid"

I cannot find the row where I mixed up

try fixing line 204, you appear to have a relevant expression dependent on itself:

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.