Using ODK collect, Can I display all questions in single vertical scroll view rather than horizontal scrolling?

I have integrated odk collect in android app to have the dynamic form facility, I did it and now I am able to successfully run the project.
But one of my requirement is to display all the questions in a single page in vertical scrollview, right now in odk colect it is horizontally scrollable..

If yes then what are the changes I need to do in the code?

I tried by making the questionHolder LinearLayout's orientation as vertical but it did not worked.
Please suggest me the way to go..

hi @arajuasati, yes it is possible. you have to put all the question you want to appear on one page in a group. for example;
type = begin group
appearance = field-list

with this all the question within the group will be display on one page with a scroll bar depending the number of questions in the group.

if you are not clear with this you can share a sample file so that we can help you with that.

thank you.
fabla2020@gmail.com

3 Likes

@Fabla Where do I need to place this type and appearance in android code ?
OR did you mean I need to put these in xml of that form ?

yes, or in your excel form, you can share a sample of your form here so that we can help you with that.

I am not able to share the complete xml here..
@fabla Any suggestion?

I have added type = begin group and appearance = field-list in my xml and its working as I wanted.. Thanks

Where exactly we have to add a type and appearance in XLS form

Hi @Hariharan_S
We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread.

Here you can find everything about the structure we use in xls forms https://xlsform.org/en/

A post was split to a new topic: Problem building a field list