1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Keen to understand if it is possible to set the saved filename, in ODK Collect, using variables i.e. would like to save them using a combination of form type + unique ID field I'd be capturing on the form
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Latest ODK Collect
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Nothing at the moment
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Not a problem per se - just a novice and learning about ODK features still
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Not the instance (I assume that's used for sending finalized forms) I mean for storing it locally on the device even before it is finalised.
The scenario we have is that the same form template will be used to capture data for different patients (multiple instances being filled at the same time - well switching between forms). I do not expect the data to be capture in a single session i.e. the researcher will have to jump between patients that are being tracked. So its important to be able to easily identify which form applies to individual patients on the device that ODK Collect is running on. I was planning to use the input ID as part of the local stored form name.
Ok I realised what I did wrong - I was setting instance name but was doing it incorrectly i.e. trying to add strings rather than using the concat() function
Have fixed it and it works perfectly - thanks for your help again