Aggregate Password Reset

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I am fairly certain I am using the right username and password to login to my aggregate admin account, but am unable to login. I need to login so that I can use the ODK API. How can I retrieve/reset my password?

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
Aggregate

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Hopefully this old thread is helpful?

That was me asking back then. I never got it it to work and now I need to work with the API again. Any thoughts?

Ha! Not helpful, then. No, sorry, running the installer again is the only way I know. Perhaps @yanokwa would have some thoughts.

Clint is correct. Re-running the installer is the only way to reset the password.

okay. will i lose all my data then? i'll back it up in any case.

Just so we have a record. In general, upgrading Aggregate will not cause data loss, but bad things sometimes happen, so it's very important to do a back up first.

https://github.com/opendatakit/opendatakit/wiki/Aggregate-Release-Notes has a good step-by-step guide for how to do those upgrades.