Introduce yourself here!

Hi, my name is Bruno. I am German, living in NE Thailand since a decade. I have been looking for ways to bring our Organic, Fairtrade and Sustainability Farmer surveys from tons and tons to paper to electronic form for some years now and with the introduction of Entities ODK has become what we need.
We survey some thousand entities several times per year (farmers, fields, greenhouses, barns ...). My colleagues and I are starting now to build our first XLS forms and have engaged a longtime ODK user from Niger to teach us the ropes.
The main products from the collaboration with our farmer partners is organic and fairtrade certified rice and curryspices and we sell these excellent products either in direct export to European and US customers and some to local processors.
I am looking forward to contributing to the ODK community as we learn from and with you.
What excites me the most is that the constant loss of information finds and end. We collect soooo much data all the time but most is lost in the transfer to data to conclusions along some key facts .
With ODK we will have finally a chance to become more objective and data based in our decisions and conclutions as longer and richer timelines will accumulate over time.

4 Likes

Hi there,

I'm from Gujarat, India.

I am associated with one of the NGO which is working in the field of Eco Restoration, Livelihood, etc.

We are using ODK for collecting data for Baseline and also some for studies purpose

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

I go back and forth between Western Europe and Middle-East.

As a consultant, I've been mainly working with Kobo Toolbox and SurveyCTO according to my clients preferences, but have always kept a look upstream to ODK.

I work in humanitarian action, mainly for monitoring, evaluation, impact assessment and research, with refugees.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi community,
I am Fevimard from Congo republic in central Africa. I am a statistician at the National institute of statistics, and today, I am joining the ODK community, because I want to learn more about this amazing survey forms designer and also, to bring my abilities for its enhancement. I'll be proud of all of your engaging advice and guidance around all the issues I might face when working on it. Additionally, I want to promote this app in my working environment in order to people begin to use it during surveys.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Hi all,

I am Günther and running a range of survey-based studies in low income settings using ODK. Great to meet you all!

Günther

6 Likes

Hello!

Good evening to you all.
I'm Yusuf Baba Muhammad from Minna, Niger State.

ODK Is good for my field work especially data entry and I appreciate your doings.

God bless all ODK family.

Thank you

4 Likes

Hey there, world! Solomon from Papua New Guinea checking in! :papua_new_guinea:

Used to be drowning in paper forms until I discovered ODK a few years back. It was like magic! :sparkles: Then in 2022, I went full ODK hero and used it for an environmental risk assessment. Now, I'm hooked!

So excited to be joining this forum and sharing ideas with all you data-loving folks. Let's make the world a better place, one form at a time!

4 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Rodrigo Oyanedel, and I am based in Chile
I friend of mine told me about ODK a few years ago, and now I am using it to gather fisheries enforcement data.
My tweeter: @r_oyanedel

3 Likes

Hi all,

I am Daniel Stähli, CEO at CABOZ. I am based in Zürich, Switzerland working closely with our team in Côte d'Ivoire.

CABOZ implements holistic projects with small holder farmers mainly in the cocoa sector in Côte d'Ivoire. This includes among others Dynamic Agroforestry, Village Loan and Saving Associations and Income Diversification.

We coach local actors such as cooperatives on their way towards a more transparent supply chain to meet their customer's and relgulatory requirements. This includes certification schemes but also new regulation requirements like EUDR.

We have chosen ODK to digitise our project reporting and facilitate access for our local partners and their employees to digital tools to strengthen their independence and self-governance.

We very much like the low-code approach and high flexibility ODK gives us to tailor specific reporting requirements as well as the open data structure to link data collection to tools such as excel our local partners are used to work with.

Great work you have done at ODK! I look forward being part of and contribute to this community.

Best, Daniel

7 Likes

Hello,

I am a Software Developer and I live in New South Wales, Australia. I have implemented and use ODK Central & Collect for a number of things within my workplace, including;

• Animal Welfare Records - Capturing compliance records for animal welfare checks across 7+ sites using GPS to verify location.
  • Pump Checks - In combination with animal welfare records we also use ODK for water infrastructure monitoring.
  • Dam Inspections - Capturing dam inspection records where dam parameters are rated and photographed.
  • Pasture Assessments - Capturing pasture botany data such as species composition, ground cover, dry matter and litter using GPS for location.

I'm a big fan of the ODK suite and really appreciate how helpful and friendly the community is.
I have been testing the new entities feature and it will solve most if not all of my issues once offline updates are implemented. Good work ODK dev team, I'm a huge fan and you're on the right track!

I will make more detailed posts about each of my use cases and the issues / solutions I have encountered. I intend to post my forms as well as I found other peoples examples really helped me get started and discover what's possible. It would be nice to have an examples section on the forum to discover how others format their forms and use different widgets.

8 Likes

Hi all ,

My Name is Tangi, a software developer, I live in Namibia (Southern Africa), I have recently started using ODK and seems to really like it ,

I would like to use ODK on some up coming projects ,

Looking forward working the the ODK family and the whole community ,

Regards

7 Likes

Hello everyone!
I'm Bunhann, a mobile and web developer. I live in Phnom Penh (Cambodia). I've been using ODK platform around 5 years on various projects of data collection and analyze.

7 Likes

Yaw, I have a team member from Ghana! How amazing that you move monthly and travel lightly.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I'm Nelson, from Curacao.
Used to live/study/work in Venezuela, worked in Industrial Automation and Control (manufacturing, oil & gas).
I want to use ODK to help NGOs and small businesses start using digital forms for fieldwork, currently testing some features to use in a couple of potential projects.
Other interests are also IoT development (Arduinos, ESP32) and data analysis (R/Shiny, Google Looker Studio), tech/innovations in agriculture.

8 Likes

Hello, beloved ODK Community :dog:
I am 3 year old golden retriever called Luna, or my official name in the dogs passport is Ricky Tiki Tavi, the sunny side of the Alps :dog:
I love cuddling and running after the rabbits in the woods. My owner is Nikson and he is a very busy man, working a lot on his crowdsourcing project. The development of ODK App is not so easy task for him and I need to spend almost the whole day alone at home so I decided to help him out. That way he will return early home from work and we can go play ball fetch :tennis:

The ODK App will serve for the crowdsourcing of deforested area and validation of the remote sensed change detection results.

I am very happy to be part of this human forum and I am looking forward on communication with you and helping us out with the developing of the app.

PS: If there are also other pets helping their owners here please let me know and we can exchange some useful information on how to find the perfect digging spot to save a bone for next year and other dog struggling things.

Waving tails :dog2:
Luna

6 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Adding example section to forum

Hello everyone, My name is Victor, I'm a newbie in ODK and am here to learn how I can use ODK for survey. I will appreciate all the inputs and answers to my questions. Thank you all

6 Likes

Hi,
I am Tomas Hernández - Project management profesional. Currently working with VisionFund a non-profit organization in the microfinance field. Based in Dominican Republic.
Recently migrated from Agreggate to Central.

Best regards

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Wiktor, I'm 22 years old and I live in Poland, I've joined ODK as Junior QA, previously I was working as Video Games Tester.

I'm excited to work on ODK with you!

7 Likes

Hi everyone,
I'm Ismail Ademola from Nigeria. I have utilized ODK in various health projects, and I would like to continue developing my skills to become an expert user in building projects.

5 Likes